Sunday, August 05, 2007

Microdermabrasion

Question From Holly -

I am finally purchasing my first microdermabrasion unit for my salon/spa, though i’m now having problems deciding which one. I know the company who i will buy from but they have two different machines. One is the Skinborn Microderma S-100 which uses crystals, the other is the Dermapeel “Diamond”Microdermabrasion, which uses a diamond tip wand. The diamond peel is 5,900 USD and i read that this is the newest technology. The Skinborn S-100 is 8,300 USD, and i’m not sure why it costs more. Could you explain to me why this machine would be more. Or just let me know which one you would recommend. Thank you so much for your time.

Dear Holly,

Of the two, I would go with the Diamond Tip. For years I have looked for a microderm machine that uses vitamin c crystals instead of aluminum oxide crystals. Call me old fashion, but all of the studies that I have read, indicate that aluminum is correlated to Dementia, Alzheimer’s and other mental disabilities. I would not want to risk my health as a client or my aestheticians health for the sake of beauty.

Over the years I have spoke with many machine representatives, and they tell me that I could use Vitamin C crystals or baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) in the machines instead, but they do not know who would supply it as they do not carry it.

If you can find the Vitamin C Crystals or the Sodium Bicarbonate, I would go with that if not select the diamond tip.

Marie Bernat
Spavelous-The Largest US Spa Directory (ranked #1 by Google Search)

No comments: