Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Esthetics License

OMG I really hope someone can help me. I live in NYC and am relocating to Indiana. So far the schools I have called said I cannot transfer over my hours that I so far have to finish the esthetics course and I basically would have to start from scratch? Anyone know any different? TIA!


Dear Jessy,

The state of Indiana requires 700 hours for an esthetics license. Unfortunately, the Schools establish their own policy in regard to the transfer of hours. As time consuming as it may seem, you would have to check with each school in the area individually to see if they will allow the transfer or allow you to pay them an additional fee to transfer the hours you have already completed. If at all possible, you can always finish school in NY so you do not lose the money you have already paid. If you cannot find a school that will transfer the hours, then you will have to weigh your financial choices. Would it cost you more to stay in NY and complete the program you are in? Or would it cost you more to start school over? You also may want to check with your current school to see if they have a sister school in Indiana. A sister or affiliated school may be more inclined to transfer the credits. Good Luck!

Spavelous

No comments: